Environmental Response Laboratory Network (ERLN)
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
Please contact us for any questions about joining the ERLN.
Who Should Join ERLN?
Laboratories that analyze biological samples, chemical warfare agents, radiological, or toxic industrial chemical samples can join the ERLN. Members of the ERLN make up a critical infrastructure that delivers data necessary for responses to large scale national emergencies.
ERLN Fact Sheets
The ERLN Begins New Recruitment Efforts
EPA has launched the Environmental Response Laboratory Network (ERLN), and is recruiting State, Federal, local, and commercial laboratories. The ERLN is coordinating these recruitment efforts with the launch of EPA's Water Laboratory Alliance, a new part of the ERLN that focuses on State and local drinking and waste water utility laboratories. Learn more about membership and possible reimbursement opportunities.
Laboratories applying for membership must complete the following requirements:
- Review Policy for Membership in the ERLN (PDF) (3 pp, 41K);
- Complete Laboratory Membership for ERLN Application (PDF) (24pp, 3.2M) (instructions are included);
- Read and sign Acknowledgement of Laboratory Responsibilities which can be found at the end of the application;
- Register in the EPA Laboratory Compendium and;
- Provide supporting documentation with your application. This includes accreditation qualifications; certificates from accrediting authorities; plans and procedures; sample management, handling, and storage; laboratory affiliations, memberships, special registrations, approvals, and licenses; personnel clearances, and other related support documentation.
Admission into the ERLN is based on review of the application package. The laboratory will be notified by EPA of their membership status within sixty (60) days of receipt of the completed application.
- Access the ERLN solicitation with an ERLN/WLA application and laboratory requirements.
- Complete Download the Application (PDF) (24pp, 3.2M). Laboratories that want to join the Water Laboratory Alliance should mark the box at the bottom of page 12 of the application.
- Example ERLN Application Packet Submittal (Completed) (PDF) (8 pp, 101K)