Superfund Remedy Decisions
Superfund Remedy Report, Fourteenth Edition
The Superfund Remedy Report (SRR), Fourteenth Edition, was published by the EPA Office of Superfund Remediation and Technology Innovation (OSRTI) in November 2013. The SRR 14th Edition summarizes remedy decisions back to 1982 with a focus on the analysis of Superfund remedial actions selected from fiscal years (FY) 2009 to 2011. The report includes remedies selected in 459 decision documents (Records of Decision [RODs], ROD amendments, and Explanations of Significant Differences with changes to remedy components) signed in this three-year period. The SRR compiles data on overall remedy selection and remedies for source materials (such as soil and sediments), groundwater, surface water and air related to vapor intrusion
The Superfund decision-making process for site remediation involves a number of considerations that are categorized below. These topics link to key Office of Superfund Remediation and Technology Innovation (OSRTI) and Federal Facilities Restoration and Reuse Office (FFRRO) guidance and other related documents frequently used by Superfund Remedial Project Managers when addressing and selecting remedial solutions at contaminated sites, both private and Federal Facility. These documents may also provide useful information for sites cleaned up under other authorities such as the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
Most of these documents are provided in electronic format. Find out more about viewing, printing, and ordering documents.
Remedy Decisions Topics:
- Remedy Selection Guidance and Policies
- Alternate Concentration Limits (ACLs)
- Applicable or Relevant and Appropriate Requirements (ARARS)
- Risk Assessment
- Institutional Controls, Land Use and Relocations
- Remedial Investigations/Feasibility Studies & Treatability Studies & Costing
- Waste Management
- Removal Responses
- Technology Considerations
- Headquarters Consultation and National Remedy Review Board (NRRB)
- Remedy Documentation
- Remedial Design/Remedial Action Guidance
- Post Construction Completion Guidance
- Update Remedy Decisions at Select Sites
- Community Involvement
- State and Tribal Involvement
- Federal Facility Clean Up
- Superfund Regulations & Enforcement
- Superseded Remedy Guidance Documents
- Superfund Decision Document (e.g. RODs)
- Superfund Contaminant Specific Links
Disclosure Statement: OSRTI has attempted to provide the best available copies of documents. Some older documents may appear to be in poor condition. In addition, some of the older documents are available only as PDF Images and are not in a text-searchable format. However, the majority of documents have been converted to an electronic format with text-searching capabilities. These documents have been designated PDF Searchable.
During the conversion process, segments of a document may have been re-typed. Inadvertent errors may be present as a result. We recommend that numerical contaminant data be cross-checked against the PDF Image or an original paper copy before the data is used.