A-133 Single Audit Report Extensions
In accordance with OMB Circular A-133, recipients expending more than $500,000 of Federal funds in any fiscal year are required to have a single audit conducted by an independent auditor for that fiscal year.
Recipients must submit a copy of the SF-SAC and a Single Audit Report package using the Federal Audit Clearinghouse’s Internet Data Entry System within nine months after the end of the recipient’s fiscal year or 30 days after receiving the report from the auditor. To obtain complete information on how to accomplish the 2008 and beyond Single Audit submissions you will need to visit the Federal Audit Clearinghouse Web site: http://harvester.census.gov/fac/
If a recipient cannot meet the deadline, they should request an extension from their cognizant or oversight agency. If EPA is that agency, the recipient should email Nicole Roberts at Roberts.Nicole@epa.gov with the following information:
1. Name and EIN of organization requesting extension
2. Fiscal Year organization needs extension for (including the period of Fiscal Year - July to June, for example)
3. Reason extension is needed (you must demonstrate an unusual circumstance or excessive burden)
4. How long of an extension is needed (please include adequate time because if it is approved, it is unlikely a second request would be approved)
5. Any additional relevant info (for example, if this a recurring issue, how it will be corrected in the future)
6. Mailing address and contact information for follow-up questions
Once a request has been evaluated, the recipient will receive a formal letter indicating whether it has been approved.
*If you prefer to mail your request, please send it to:
US EPA Headquarters
Ariel Rios Building
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Mail Code: 390-R
Washington, DC 20460