Implementation Guidance for the Arsenic Rule - Drinking Water Regulations for Arsenic and Clarifications to Compliance and New Source Contaminants Monitoring
The final Implementation Guidance for the Arsenic Rule is based on the final rule published in the Federal Register on January 22, 2001. It incorporates comments received on the previous draft implementation guidances, and from the training sessions on the arsenic rule held throughout the country. The guidance summarizes key sections of the Proposed Rule and provides a "how to approach" for EPA Regions and States to implement the regulation. It contains an explanation of the rule's requirements and guidance for preparing State primacy revision applications. The document incorporates comments received from Regions, States, technical assistance providers, water systems, and others.
- Full Guidance (515 K PDF File, 83 pgs)
- Appendix Table of Contents (58 K PDF File, 4 pgs)
- Appendix A. Glossary (77 K PDF File, 4 pgs)
- Appendix B. Arsenic and Clarifications to Compliance and New Source Contaminants Monitoring; Final Rule (66 FR 6976) (692 K PDF File, 174 pgs)
- Appendix C. Arsenic and Clarifications to Compliance and New Source Contaminants Monitoring: Delay of Effective Date; Final Rule (66 FR 28342) (148 K PDF File, 20 pgs)
- Appendix D. Guidance on Calculation of Compliance for the New Arsenic MCL (293 K PDF File, 5 pgs)
- Appendix E. Violation Tables for Data Management and Enforcement Purposes (107 K PDF File, 12 pgs)
- Appendix F. Complying With the Revised Drinking Water Standard for Arsenic: Small Entity Compliance Guide (288KB PDF File, 58 pgs)
- Appendix G. Exemptions & the Arsenic Rule (218 K PDF File, 37 pgs)
- Appendix H. State Reporting Guidance for the Arsenic Rule (226KB PDF File, 52 pgs)
- Appendix I. Sample Extension Agreement (91 K PDF File, 8 pgs)
- Appendix J. Primacy Revision Crosswalks "minor corrections"
- Appendix K. Statement of Principles - Guidance on Audit Law Issues (1.3 M PDF File, 6 pgs)
- Appendix L. Rule Presentations (68 K PDF File, 4 pgs)
- Appendix M. References (110 K PDF File, 17 pgs)
- Appendix N. Fact Sheets (109 K PDF File, 12 pgs)
Quick Reference Guide to Arsenic and Clarifications to Compliance and New Source Monitoring Rule
This document provides a simple and straightforward description of the rule, critical deadlines and requirements for drinking water systems and states, and information on monitoring requirements.