EPA has prepared several guidance and technical documents that explain in more detail the various aspects of the rule, including:
- Technical Background Information for the Unregulated Contaminant Monitoring Regulation (1.5 M PDF FILE, 52 pgs)
EPA 815-R-99-007, March 2000
- UCMR Guidance for Operators of Public Water Systems Serving 10,000 or Fewer People (91 K PDF FILE, 36 pgs)
EPA 815-R-01-002, January 2001
- Statistical Design and Sample Selection for the Unregulated Contaminant Monitoring Regulation (1999) (563 KPDF FILE, 80 pgs)
EPA 815-R-01-004, August 2001
- Reference Guide for the Unregulated Contaminant Monitoring Regulation (217 K PDF FILE, 65 pgs)
EPA 815-R-01-023, October 2001
- Unregulated Contaminant Monitoring Regulation Reporting Guidance (85 K PDF FILE,32 pgs)
EPA 815-R-01-029, November 2001
- UCMR (1999) List 1 and List 2 Chemical Analytical Methods and Quality Control Manual (640 K PDF FILE, 102 pgs)
EPA 815-R-01-028, December 2001.
Replaces UCMR Analytical Methods and Quality Control, 815-R-99-004 and 815-R-00-006, and Supplement A, 815-R-00-002.
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control Guidance for Laboratories Performing PCR Analyses on Environmental Samples (360 K PDF FILE, 64 pgs)
EPA 815-B-04-001, October 2004