Point of Use (POU) and Point of Entry (POE)
What is a Point-of-Use or Point-of-Entry device?
Both point-of-use (POU) and point-of-entry (POE) devices are used to treat a portion of the incoming flow of water. POU devices are designed to only treat water intended for drinking or cooking at a single or limited number of taps whereas POE devices are designed to treat all water entering a home, business, school, facility, etc. A POU device can be one of several types of units: plumbed-in units, plumbed-in units with separate faucets for the POU device, faucet-attached units, or faucet-connected counter top units.
- Home Water Treatment and Filtration PDF (7pp, 1 M)
- Point-of-Use or Point-of-Entry Treatment Options for Small Drinking Water Systems PDF (132pp, 2 M)
- Implementing a Point-of-Use (POU)/Point-of-Entry (POE) strategy PDF (10pp, 496 M)
- Treatment Technology
- Compliance Help for Small Systems
- POU and POE devices and Homeland Security
- Other resouces: Arsenic: Point of Use Devices Video