Grants and Cooperative Agreements
EPA's Office of International and Tribal Affairs offers international project grants under several authorizations.The mission of EPA’s Office of International and Tribal Affairs (OITA) is to protect human health and the environment while advancing U.S. national interests through international environmental collaboration. EPA provides grants and enters into cooperative agreements that support protecting human health and the environment while advancing U.S. national interests through international environmental collaboration. Our International Priorities are:
- Building Strong Environmental Institutions and Legal Structures
- Combating Climate Change by Limiting Pollutants
- Improving Air Quality
- Expanding Access to Clean Water
- Reducing Exposure to Toxic Chemicals
- Cleaning Up Electronic Waste (E-Waste)
Open Grant Opportunities
There are no open grant opportunities at this time.
Examples of Previous Financial Assistance Projects
- Global Mercury Supply and Use Management
- Environmental Governance in India
- Protecting At-Risk Communities in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Managing Pollution from POPs and Other Toxic Substances in China
- Supporting the National Program of Action for Protection of the Arctic
- Promoting Cleaner Fuels and Vehicles in Developing and Transitioning Countries
- Promoting Environmentally Sound Chemicals Management Worldwide
Additional Grant Information
For competitive awards, EPA will review and evaluate applications, proposals, and/or submissions in accordance with the terms, conditions, and criteria stated in the competitive announcement. Competitions will be conducted in accordance with EPA policies/regulations for competing assistance agreements.
- Full information about grants and authorizations for International Financial Assistance Projects
- The Office of International and Tribal Affairs also has responsibility for tribal grants.
- Explore open grants for tribal affairs
- Full information about Direct Implementation Tribal Cooperative Agreements
- Full information about Indian Environmental General Assistance Program (GAP)
- General information on U.S. EPA grants and cooperative agreements
- Search and apply for open competitive grant opportunities from all U.S. federal grant-making agencies.
- Learn about other grant-making U.S. agencies at the Catalogue of Federal and Domestic Assistance (CFDA)
- Information for International Grant Recipients