|Federal agencies that contribute to EPA's environmental goals, and how they make a difference.|
|Programs by EPA Strategic Goal
1. Climate Change and Improving Air Quality
2. Protecting America's Waters
3. Cleaning Up and Sustainable Development
4. Safety of Chemicals and Preventing Pollution
Programs by Agency
AID, ARC, CNCS, CPSC, CSB, DHS, DOC, DOD, DOE, DOI, DOJ, DOL, DOS, DOT, ED, FHFA, GSA, HHS, HUD, NASA, NRC, NSF, OSTP, SBA, TVA, USDA, USPS, USTR, VA
Department of Agriculture
EPA Goal 2: Protecting America’s Waters
Through the Emergency Watershed Protection (EWP) program, USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) can help communities address watershed impairments that pose imminent threats to lives and property. If your land has suffered damage due to flood, fire, drought, windstorm, or other natural occurrence, please contact your local authorities and/or your local NRCS office to find out if you qualify for the EWP program.
Source(s) of Information
1. USDA: Emergency Watershed Protection Factsheet (PDF)
2. USDA: Emergency Watershed Protection Factsheet
Related EPA Program(s)
Research: Safe and Sustainable Water Resources:
In FY 2012, EPA is realigning and combining the Drinking Water and Water Quality base Research Programs into one Safe and Sustainable Water Resources Research Program. The Safe and Sustainable Water Resources (SSWR) research program takes a systems approach to protecting human and aquatic ecosystem health and protecting and restoring watersheds for the sustainability of the nation’s water resources. The program seeks safe, resilient and sustainable solutions to the increasingly complex water challenges facing the nation’s regions, states, tribes, cities, and rural areas. In program is working to address the increasing complex challenges with solutions that are effective, efficient, and sustainable – solutions that are designed to meet current needs while minimizing potential health and environmental detriment in the future.
• SDWA Part E, Section 1442 (a)(1)
• CWA Title I, Section 101(a)(6) 33 U.S.C. 1254, Section 104 (a) and (c), and Section 105
• ERDDA 33 U.S.C. 1251 – Section 2(a)
• MPRSA Section 203, 33 U.S.C. 1443
• ODBA Title II; SPA
• FIFRA 7 U.S. C. 135 et seq.
• TSCA U.S. C. 136 et seq.