Cars and Light Trucks
Vehicle Clean Screening / Vehicle Profiling & Remote Sensing Device (RSD) Issues
Search for Documents
Search the Document Index System (DIS) database to find
- Advisory Circular
- Applications for Certification
- Certificates of Conformity
- Certificates of Summary
- Manufacturer Guidance Letters
- Verify System Documentation
NOTE: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, available as a free download, to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
Also see Vehicle & Equipment Emission Modeling.
Consumer Information (Fact Sheets on I/M)
- Clean Cars for Clean Air: Inspection/Maintenance Programs (PDF) (72K, EPA400-F-92-016, July 1994)
- Remote Sensing & Clean Screening in Inspection and Maintenance Programs (PDF) (15K, EPA420-F-98-023, May 1998)
- Remote Sensing: Emerging Technology for Vehicle Emissions Control (PDF) (29K, EPA400-F-92-017, Aug 1993) Table (PDF) (299K) (also see updated clean screening info above)
- High Tech Inspection & Maintenance Tests (PDF) (72K, EPA400-F-93-005, July 1994)
- On-Board Diagnostics Frequent Questions (Also available as a PDF file, 17K)
- October 1998 report: Analysis of a Remote Sensing Clean Screen Program in Arizona (PDF) (85K)
This is an analysis of RSD and IM240 data collected by the state of Arizona in its Phoenix RSD program. The report was done by Lawrence Berkeley Laboratories/DOE under an Interagency Agreement with EPA.
- October 1998 Draft Radian Report Updating Vehicle Profiling Credits (PDF) (210K)
- Supplemental Comments on Clean Screening presented at Colorado State University Mobile Sources/Clean Air Conference, September 1998.
- Public Comments on Interim Vehicle Clean Screening Credit Utility
- Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (PDF) (5K)
- Applied Analysis (Peter M. McClintock, Ph.D.) (PDF) (14K)
- Ford (PDF) (11K)
- Union of Concerned Scientists (PDF) (15K)
- RSTi (PDF) (16K)
- Envirotest (PDF) (16K)
- Donald Stedman (PDF) (5K)
- R. Slott (PDF) (9K)
- Combined document with comments from: Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission; Gordon-Darby; State of Washington, Dept of Ecology; and Tom Wenzel, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (PDF) (19K)
- Clean Screening I/M Credits, presentation at 5/19/98 FACA Meeting
- May 1998 Interim Vehicle Clean Screening Credit Utility
- Feb 19, 1998, memo from dKC & Radian International on Description of the High and Low Emitter Profile Models (PDF) (260K)
- Jan 5, 1998, Greeley Remote Sensing Pilot Program Final Report, Colorado Department of Health and Environment (PDF) (225K) Note: these electronic versions do not contain the figures or appendices.
- The Colorado Enhanced I/M Program 0.5% Sample Annual Report (PDF) (550K), 1/27/98, by Remote Sensing Technologies, Inc.
- Sept 1996 Remote Sensing I/M Credit Utility - to estimate additional credits for a remote sensing program alone or in conjunction with an existing I/M program
- MOBILE Model Information Contact: fax (734-741-7939), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remote Sensing Contact: Jim Lindner phone(734-214-4558), email@example.com