Transportation and Air Quality
Recent Additions to the Office of Transportation and Air Quality Website
Here is a listing of some of the recent additions and new materials available on EPA's Office of Transportation and Air Quality website. Contact us if you need to:
- Find an EPA Employee by Name or Topic of Interest
- Read Answers to Frequent Questions
- Submit a Comment or a Question
Added July 2014
- July 2, 2014: EPA updates the RFS program by finalizing additional fuel pathways and a Quality Assurance Plan.
Added June 2014
- June 26, 2014: Answers to frequent questions concerning near roadway air pollution and what EPA is doing to address this important health concern.
- June 18, 2014: SmartWay webinar: 2014 SmartWay New Partner Orientation #2 will take place on Wednesday, June 25th at 2:30 pm Eastern Daylight Time.
- June 18, 2014: SmartWay webinar: 2014 SmartWay Multimodal Tool Demonstration will take place on Tuesday, June 24th at 2:30 pm Eastern Daylight Time.
- June 12, 2014: Ford updates fuel economy values for six vehicle models.
- June 6, 2014: EPA extends the compliance deadlines for the 2013 Renewable Fuels Standards.
- June 6, 2014: EPA announces two grant funding opportunities to establish clean diesel projects.
- June 2, 2014: SmartWay webinar: Any Way They Ship it, They Ship it the SmartWay will take place on Wednesday, June 18th at 2:30 pm Eastern Daylight Time.
Added May 2014
- May 8, 2014: SmartWay has published the latest TIPS freight movement indicators, with graphs showing Reduced Oil Consumption by SmartWay Truck Carriers, Reduction in CO2 Emissions by SmartWay Truck Carriers, and Fuel Cost Savings by SmartWay Truck Carriers.
- May 8, 2014: SmartWay webinar: SmartWay 10th Anniversary Webinar: Trends in Intermodal Freight Transport will take place on Thursday, May 29th @ 2:30 pm Eastern Time.
- May 1, 2014: EPA announces the availability of $9 million in grant funding to establish clean diesel projects.
Added April 2014
- April 25, 2014: Manufacturers Performance Report for Model Year 2012 Light-Duty Vehicles now available.
- April 22, 2014: EPA is taking direct final action to revise the 2013 cellulosic biofuel standard published on August 15, 2013.
- April 16, 2014: SmartWay webinar: SmartWay Barge Tool Demonstration #2 will take place on Thursday, April 17, 2014, 2:30 PM - 3:30 pm EDT.
- April 16, 2014: SmartWay webinar: SmartWay Affiliate Challenge Virtual Awards Ceremony will take place on Wednesday, April 23th, 2:30 - 3:30 pm EDT.
- April 16, 2014: SmartWay webinar: SmartWay 10th Anniversary Webinar: SmartWay Affiliate Round Table will take place on Wednesday, April 30th, 2:30 - 3:30 pm EDT.
- April 8 2014: EPA Summit focuses on improving environmental performance at ports.
- April 2 2014: EPA seeks small entity participation on upcoming Heavy-Duty National Program.
Added March 2014
- March 7, 2014: Certificates that have been voided by EPA for motorcycles and ATVs.
- March 3, 2014: EPA sets cleaner, more efficient vehicle and fuel standards with Tier 3.
Added February 2014
- February 18, 2014: Timeline announced for extending the Heavy-Duty National Program beyond model year 2018.
Added January 2014
- January 31, 2014: EPA has released a new report documenting 3 case studies where EPAs Travel Efficiency Assessment Method (TEAM) was applied to assess the potential regional emission reductions from travel efficiency strategies.
- January 14, 2014: SmartWay webinar: SmartWay Truck Tool Demonstration #1 will take place on Thursday, January 23, 2014, 2:30 PM - 3:30 P.M. EST.
- January 13, 2014: SmartWay webinar: Green Freight Goes Global: Moving Toward a Global Action Plan will take place on Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM EST.
- January 3, 2014: The SmartWay website has been modified for easier access and a more streamlined organization of information.
Added December 2013
- December 24, 2013: EPA is currently conducting adequacy reviews of the carbon monoxide limited maintenance plans for Manchester Area, the Nashua Area, and part of Hillsborough County, New Hampshire.
- December 20, 2013: EPA is currently conducting adequacy review of the PM2.5 maintenance plan for Martinsburg-Hagerstown, WV-MD (West Virginia Portion).
- December 19, 2013: EPA is currently conducting adequacy review of the PM2.5 maintenance plan for Philadelphia-Wilmington PA-NJ-DE (Delaware Portion).
- December 12, 2013: EPA releases annual Fuel Economy Trends Report.
- December 11, 2013: EPA announces grant funding to improve air quality at marine and inland water ports.
- December 11, 2013: EPA is currently conducting adequacy review of the PM10 maintenance plan for Kent, Seattle, and Tacoma, Washington.
- December 3, 2013: EPA and DOE release annual Fuel Economy Guide with 2014 models.
- December 3, 2013: SmartWay has published the latest TIPS freight movement indicators showing MPG Range for SmartWay Class 8A Fleets, MPG Range for SmartWay Class 8B Fleets, and SmartWay Average Truck MPG by Class.
- December 2, 2013: OTAQ Contacts by Topic list updated.