Fuels and Fuel Additives
Renewable Fuels: EPA Moderated Transaction System (EMTS)
EPA has developed a new system to manage Renewable Identification Number (RIN) transactions under the Renewable Fuel Standard. The EPA Moderated Transaction System (EMTS) was released for official use on July 1, 2010. These web pages are intended to provide industry users and the public with information about EMTS.
On this site, you will find:
- Meetings/Presentations: Video recordings of EMTS demonstrations, meetings, and presentations.
- Tutorials: Interactive, step-by-step EMTS training.
- Documents: Documentation related to using EMTS.
- Frequent Questions: Answers to frequently asked questions about EMTS.
- Conversion Tool: Tool to convert files to XML.
- System Diagrams: Diagrams explaining how EMTS interacts with other OTAQ systems such as CDX.
Information on criminal enforcement of the RFS program, including issuance of notices of violation, is available from EPA's Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance.
If you have questions or request information, please contact the appropriate support or help line found on the Support & Help page.
Please visit EPA's Transportation and Air Quality web-based repository of mobile source documents, Document Index System (DIS). This searchable repository contains regulations, Federal Register notices, policy letters, and guidance documents.
Please visit our Related Links page for other fuel related information within EPA, other U.S. Agencies, and other fuel related websites.