Fuels and Fuel Additives
Fuels Reporting Registration
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
EPA has developed a fuels programs registration system, OTAQReg, within EPA’s Central Data Exchange (CDX). CDX OTAQReg acts as a gateway to the RFS2 RIN Transaction system (EMTS) and the fuels programs report submission system (DCFUEL). All companies are required to submit new and updated registrations through CDX OTAQReg. Please use the registration system's user guide (PDF) (104 pp, 4.7MB, EPA-420-B-13-048, September 2013) to assist you with navigating the system. It is important to read all directions as errors may delay your registration or require you to resubmit.
Latest Fuels Programs Registrants Lists:
- Part 80: EPA Fuels Programs Registered Company/Facility ID List (Excel) (4.7MB, Updated Daily)
Please select a program:
- Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) registration under Title 40 CFR 80.1450
- Diesel Fuel Program registration under Title 40 CFR 80.597
- Reformulated Gasoline (RFG) & Anti-dumping registration under Title 40 CFR 80.76
Quarterly Report due dates are:
- Quarter 1 - June 1
- Quarter 2 - September 1
- Quarter 3 - December 1
- Quarter 4 - March 31
Companies must be properly registered in CDX OTAQReg prior to submitting their reports electronically in CDX DCFUEL. EPA will not be able to accept submissions until the CDX registration process is completed and accepted. Please allow up to a month to fully set up your CDX account.
Common Errors to Avoid:
- Not downloading and reading the CDX OTAQReg user guide (PDF) (104 pp, 4.7MB, EPA-420-B-13-048, September 2013)
- Forgetting to mail the forms after printing them. EPA must receive the signed forms in order to activate the registration request.
- Missing signatures. All forms and any applicable required letters must be signed by a Responsible Corporate Officer (RCO). The only exception is the Electronic Signature Agreement (ESA) for CDX Submitters which must be signed by the individual who will be submitting reports to EPA.
- Recreating a company that is already registered. To update information for a company that is already registered, you must first associate with the company in CDX OTAQReg by submitting a Company Association Request. Do not create a duplicate company in CDX OTAQReg.
- Improperly identifying your system roles. After associating with a company, you must select the initial roles for yourself. See section 9 of the CDX OTAQReg user guide for an explanation of the selectable roles.
- Selecting incorrect business activities or program types. If you are only registering for the Renewable Fuels Standard (and do not produce, import, or export gasoline, diesel, or renewable fuel) then the only business activity you may select is “RIN owner.” For example, do not select “Oxygenate Blender” unless you are required to under Title 40 CFR part 80.76. Furthermore, if you do not produce nor import gasoline, do not select the “Gasoline” program type unless you are required to under Title 40 CFR § 80.76. Each business activity and program type pertains to specific programs. You should understand what you are registering for and signing.
- Missing key identifications. Biodiesel producers must select the Diesel program type in addition to the RFS program to demonstrate that you understand you are regulated under both programs.
- Failing to provide facility information. If you select the Gasoline or Diesel program types you must have a corresponding facility. In addition if you select Renewable Fuel Producer or importer you must register a facility. Renewable Fuels Importers do not need to add fuel pathway information to their facility.
IMPORTANT! Before mailing your submission package, please read every form and follow all instructions!
Once registration is complete, please sign and mail forms to:
| Mail completed form to:
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Fuels Programs Registration (6406J)
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20460
| Commercial Delivery:
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Fuels Programs Registration
Room 647C, 202-343-9038
1310 L Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005
Be aware that sending forms via US Mail will require an irradiation process and could possibly delay delivery.
If you have questions or request information, please contact the appropriate support or help line found on the Support & Help page.
Please visit EPA's Transportation and Air Quality web-based repository of mobile source documents, Document Index System (DIS). This searchable repository contains regulations, Federal Register notices, policy letters, and guidance documents.
Please visit our Related Links page for other fuel related information within EPA, other U.S. Agencies, and other fuel related websites.