Jump to main content or area navigation.

Contact Us

Importing Vehicles and Engines into the U.S.

Procedures for Importing Vehicles and Engines

The Procedures for Importing Vehicles and Engines manual explains the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s regulations and requirements for importing motor vehicles, motor vehicle engines, heavy-duty on-highway engines, recreational vehicles (dirt bikes, ATVs, UTVs, snowmobiles) and nonroad engines into the United States.

NOTE: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, available as a free download, to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.

Importing Vehicles and Engines

Motor Vehicles

Heavy-Duty On-Highway Engines, Recreational Vehicles, and Nonroad Engines

Contact Information

  • For telephone assistance, please call the Imports Team at (734) 214-4100.
  • Send email requests for assistance to: Imports (Imports@epa.gov)
  • Send fax requests to 734-214-IMPO (4676)

Top of page

This page is maintained by EPA's Office of Transportation and Air Quality (OTAQ).
For more: About Us | Get E-mail Updates | Browse the A to Z Subject Index.

Jump to main content.