MOBILE5 Vehicle Emission Modeling Software
This web site contains information about MOBILE5, including vehicle emission modeling software for MOBILE5a, MOBILE5a-h, and MOBILE5b. Software for these three versions are also found on this web site. MOBILE5 estimates emissions of hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, and oxides of nitrogen from highway vehicles.
Note: MOBILE6 is EPA's most up-to-date model for estimating these emissions.
Or, contact Information for MOBILE Model:
- Hardcopy/disk ordering info from NTIS
- MOBILE Model Information Contact: fax (734-214-4939) or email: email@example.com
- EPA-MOBILENEWS Listserver: Full description and subscription information
NOTE: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, available as a free download, to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
- January 2002 Guidance on when MOBILE6 must be used for State Implementation Plans and Conformity.
- April 2000 Info Sheet #8, Tier 2 Benefits Using MOBILE5 (PDF) (46K, EPA420-F-00-001)
- September 1998 Info Sheet #7: NOx Benefits of Reformulated Gasoline Using MOBILE5a (PDF) (27K, EPA420-F-98-040)
- July 1998 Info Sheet #6: Effect of the New National Low Emission Vehicle Standard for Light-Duty Gasoline Fueled Vehicles (PDF) (45K, EPA420-F-98-027)
- January 30, 1998 Info Sheet #5: Inclusion of New 2004 NOx Standard for Heavy-Duty Diesel Engines in MOBILE5a and MOBILE5b Modeling (PDF) (19K)
- December 1, 1994 Info Sheet #4: Dynamic Registration (ZIP) (602K) ReadMe First 3K TXT
- Info Sheet #3: Loaded Idle (ZIP) (21K)
- Info Sheet #2: Idle Emissions (PDF) (15K)
- Info Sheet #1: Batch Mode Cautions (18K ZIP WP5.1)
- August 1997 Summary of Comments on and Guidance for Use of MOBILE5b
- Info on April 1997 Updates to MOBILE5b
- April 1997 Updated Executable application (ZIP) (555K)
- April 1997 Updated FORTRAN Source Code (ZIP) (414K)
- Info on Comment Period
- Read Me file
- Release/Policy Memo
- User Guide modifications (chapter 2) (PDF) (525K)
- Sample Inputs & Outputs (ZIP) (307K)
- Alternate I/M credits for MOBILE5 which include the benefits of a single mode Acceleration Simulation Mode (ASM) test procedure. (Compressed file 235K ZIP contains alternate I/M credit files as well as a TXT file describing the I/M credit files)
- MOBILE5a Model Frequently Asked Question #1 - Modeling the federal Reformulated Gasoline Program
- MOBILE Emission Factor Model Status - March 1996 Presentation (PDF) (50K)
- MOBILE 5.0a_H version of MOBILE5a that allows modeling Hybrid I/M & Technician Training Credits. This revised version (11/21/95) fixes a coding error that made it impossible in most cases to evaluate calendar years beyond 2010. Results generated with the older version should not be affected by the change.
User Guide (16K TXT) or Full Model (732K ZIP)
- MOBILE5a Model & User Guide