Chemical Review Manager: Jude Andreasen (email@example.com), 703-308-9342
Press Contact: Dale Kemery (firstname.lastname@example.org), 202-564-43555/14/2010: EPA Plans New Use Limitations on Carbaryl, Carbofuran, and Methomyl to Protect Salmon and Steelhead in California, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington (PDF) (20 pp, 888.73k, about PDF)
- See docket EPA-HQ-OPP-2005-0162 for documents related to EPA's review of this pesticide.
- See docket EPA-HQ-OPP-2007-1088 for documents related to the Scientific Advisory Panel's review of the carbofuran NOIC.
- Risk assessment and related documents for this pesticide have been removed to Special Docket EPA-HQ-OPP-2007-0151.
- Visit Regulations.gov for information about other pesticide reregistration chemicals.
- Carbofuran Cancellation Process, June 2011
- Interim Reregistration Eligibility Decision (IRED)(PDF) - August 2006 (44 pp, 393k, About PDF)
- IRED Fact Sheet
Federal Register Correction
- Technical Correction Issued to October 29, 2008 Federal Register Notice. EPA's October 29, 2008, Federal Register (FR) notice announcing the Agency's receipt of pesticide registrants' requests to amend their registrations to delete certain uses includes some errors. EPA has received a request from the carbofuran registrant to voluntarily amend their carbofuran registrations to delete certain uses. However, the October 29 FR notice includes errors about some of those uses and the time frame for submitting comments. EPA published a Technical Correction in the Federal Register on November 6, 2008, removing the carbofuran registrations from the October 29 notice. The Agency is publishing a Federal Register notice on December 19, 2008, announcing the requested amendments to delete carbofuran uses. This FR notice includes the correct uses and correct time frame for providing comments. For additional information, please contact Jude Andreasen, email@example.com, (703) 308-9342.
Federal Register Notices
- Carbofuran Order Denying FMC's Objections and Requests for Hearing; Final Rule (November 18, 2009)
- Carbofuran; Final Tolerance Revocations [May 15, 2009].
- Carbofuran; Product Cancellation Order [March 18, 2009]
- Carbofuran; Notice of Receipt of Request to Voluntarily Cancel Carbofuran Pesticide Registrations [December 19, 2008], comments accepted through January 20, 2009.
- Notice of Receipt of Requests for Amendments to Delete Uses in Certain Pesticide Registrations; Technical Correction [November 6, 2008]
- Carbofuran; Notice of Availability of Revised Surface Water Exposure Assessment [August 29, 2008]
- Carbofuran; Proposed Tolerance Revocations [July 31, 2008], comment period closed on September 30, 2008
- FIFRA Scientific Advisory Panel; Notice of Public Meeting - Notice of Intent to Cancel to be held February 5-8, 2008
- Carbofuran; Interim Reregistration Eligibility Decision; Extension of Comment Period [October 25, 2006], extended comment period closed on November 30, 2006
- Carbofuran; Interim Reregistration Eligibility Decision; Notice of Availability [August 30, 2006], comment period closed on October 30, 2006
- Carbofuran Revised Risk Assessments; Notice of Availability and Solicitation of Risk Reduction Options [March 22, 2006], comment period closed on May 22, 2006
- Carbofuran; Risk Assessment Notice of Availability [September 14, 2005], comment period closed on November 14, 2005
- Carbofuran Risk Assessment; Notice of Availability [June 24, 2005], comment period closed on August 23, 2005