Pesticide Program Dialogue Committee to Meet July 10-11, 2013
For Release: June 21, 2013
EPA’s Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP) will hold a public meeting of the Pesticide Program Dialogue Committee (PPDC) on Wednesday, July 10, from 1:00pm to 5:00 pm, and Thursday, July 11, from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. The meeting will be held in EPA’s first floor conference center at One Potomac Yard, 2777 South Crystal Drive, Arlington, VA 22202. Information on the location of EPA’s building and how to reach it by public transportation or car is available at http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/contacts/officelocation.htm.
A draft agenda will be available by July 2 on the PPDC Web page at http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/ppdc/. All meetings are free, open to the public, and no advance registration is required.
Additionally, on Tuesday, July 9, 2013, OPP will hold a Stakeholder Workshop from 8:30 am to 4:45 pm, entitled “Where Vision Meets Action: Practical Application of 21st Century Methods.” This one-day non-technical workshop is intended to provide an opportunity for stakeholder discussion on how the Office of Pesticide Programs envisions applying new science to change the way pesticide risks are evaluated, and to examine the challenges and benefits of making this transition.
On Wednesday, July 10, the following PPDC Work Groups will meet:
- 8:30-11:30 -- Potomac Yards South, Room S-1204-1206
- Workgroup on Pollinator Protection, Co-Chaired by Richard Keigwin and Donald Brady
- 9:00-11:30 -- Potomac Yards South, Room S-12100
- Workgroup on Comparative Safety Statements, Chaired by Marty Monell
- 8:30-11:30 -- Potomac Yards South, Room S-4370-80
- Workgroup on Integrated Pest Management, Chaired by Keith Matthews
- 8:30-9:30 – Potomac Yards North, Room N-4850
- Workgroup on 21st Century Toxicology/Integrated Testing Strategies
- 9:30-11:30 – Potomac Yards South, Room S-7100
- Workgroup on Public Health, Chaired by Lois Rossi
For more information about the Pesticide Program Dialogue Committee meeting, please contact the Office of Pesticide Programs (7501P), Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20460-0001; telephone number: (703) 308-4775; email address: Margie Fehrenbach (email@example.com).