EPA Releases Best Practices Guidance and Hosts Webinars on Reducing Pesticide Use and Saving Money in Schools
For Release: August 15, 2014
To help school administrators and staff reduce pesticide use and costs, EPA has released “Model Pesticide Safety and IPM Guidance Policy.” EPA will also launch a series of webinars beginning on August 20, 2014.
The guidance document and webinars will help school districts adopt a proactive approach to pest control including offering models for policies, procedures, program oversight and plans for implementing Integrated Pest Management. Specifically, the webinars will address the following topics:
- School Community Mosquito IPM, scheduled for Wednesday, August 20, at 2 pm Eastern time
- Creating Tick-Safe Schools Using IPM, scheduled for Tuesday, September 30 at 2 pm Eastern time
- The Basics of School IPM
- Managing Outdoor Pests of Schools Using IPM
- Bed Bugs in Schools
- Keeping Rodents out of Your School
- Dealing with Nuisance Birds around Schools
Register for our first webinar, to be held on August 20, about using mosquito IPM around schools: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/405236737.
Find information about future webinars: http://www.epa.gov/pestwise/events/sipm-webinars.html
Learn more about IPM in Schools: http://www.epa.gov/pestwise/ipminschools/ and http://www.epa.gov/pestwise/ipminschools/implementation.html
Watch this short video from the Colorado School IPM Coalition to learn more about IPM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TSJaDtqAeY.