Pesticide News Story: New Pesticide Registration Notice Gives Official Instructions for Transmitting Information to OPP's New Location
For Release: April 14, 2006
Only 11 Working Days Until the Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP) Moves to its New Location!
OPP will be moving to a new location during the first week of May 2006. Effective May 8, 2006, EPA's Office of Pesticide Programs' new location will be:
One Potomac Yard (map)
2777 S. Crystal Drive
Arlington, VA 22202
Please note that this is the physical address of the new building; see below for mailing address.
OPP has updated and is reissuing, in the form of a Pesticide Registration (PR) Notice, its guidance for registrants to ensure the efficient and timely processing and routing of mail received by OPP. Earlier PR Notices on this subject, identified as 2000-4 and 2004-1, provided instructions for submitting various types of applications or other submissions to OPP's current offices in Crystal Mall 2, Arlington, Va. The new PR Notice, 2006-1, updates the guidance for sending or delivering mail to OPP at its new location, and cautions against transmitting Confidential Business Information (CBI) on facsimile (fax) machines. This Notice supersedes the previous Notices and is available on OPP's Web site at http://www.epa.gov/PR_Notices/pr2006-1.pdf. It applies to all transactions to OPP by mail, hand (personal) or courier delivery, or by fax.
Other changes related to the move:
- from May 1 - 5, 2006 , most staff will be unavailable at their assigned telephone numbers; however, they will have access to voicemail;
- from May 1 - 5, 2006 , no hand-carried or courier deliveries will be accepted at either our current location (Crystal Mall 2, Arlington , VA ) or the new location;
- mail delivered by the U.S. Postal Service from May 1 - 5, 2006 , will be held until May 8, 2006;
- after the move, the mailing address (Office of Pesticide Programs (Division Mail Code), U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W., Washington, DC 20460 ) and mail codes will remain the same, except that the "C" in our current mail codes will change to a "P";
- hand-carried or courier deliveries to the Document Processing Desk (7504P) will be accepted beginning on May 8, 2006, at Room S-4900, on the 4 th floor of One Potomac Yard; and
- public comments may be delivered to the Docket in Room S-4400 beginning on May 8, 2006.
More information on the move will be sent out in Pesticide Program Updates over the coming weeks.