National Bed Bug Summit
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view some of the files on this pa. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
EPA's National Bed Bug summit was held on April 14 and 15, 2009 in Arlington, Virgina.
- Final Agenda (PDF) (3 pp, 32K)
- Public Docket Available - EPA has established a public docket for this Summit under docket ID number EPA-HQ-OPP-2009-0190. Speaker presentations, attendance sign-in sheets and public comments received during the Summit are available in the public docket, as well as any public comments submitted directly to the docket.
- Video Webinar Presentations - During the first morning of the Summit, EPA provided remote access to the speaker presentations via webinar. The 4 ½ hour webinar was viewed by 138 people. EPA encountered software problems with the webinar recording, but is making the video webinar available now even though sound quality issues persist. Please note that the slide presentations without sound are now available in the public docket (see the instructions for accessing the public docket, above).
- Summary of Workgroup Results (PDF) (71 pp, 919K) - During the afternoon of Tuesday, April 14th, Summit attendees were divided into ten workgroups. EPA assigned attendees to workgroups according to their affiliation in order to ensure that each group had a mix of professionals from those attending the Summit (pest control companies; universities; public health organizations; federal, state, and local government agencies; and others). All ten workgroups developed recommendations on major bed bug issues, and those recommendations are provided here.
- Summary of Recommendations Developed at the Summit (PDF) (7 pp, 141K) - EPA is providing here a summary of the recommendations developed by the participants of the National Bed Bug Summit. In accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act and Agency procedures, these recommendations will be presented to the full Pesticide Program Dialog Committee (PPDC) at its meeting on April 22, 2009. The PPDC will discuss and deliberate this information and provide the Agency with its advice and recommendations.