General Revisions to the WPS and Implementation of this Proposal
EPA is proposing several revisions to the WPS definitions and structure of the rule. Specifically, EPA is proposing to add and change definitions to the WPS on immediate family, commercial production, employ, enclosed space production, and outdoor production.
The proposal also outlines the proposed implementation of these changes.
Read the details of the proposed changes and the rationale before you comment.
All your comments are welcome but we have specific questions for you on these General Revisions to the WPS and Implementation of this Proposal:
General Revisions to the WPS
A. Improved Definitions
- What impact do you expect on employers, workers, handlers, or other stakeholders as a result of replacing the terms "farms," "forests," "nurseries," and "greenhouses" with the terms "outdoor production" and "enclosed space production"?
- WWhat are the impacts of revising the definition of "immediate family"?
- WShould EPA consider including cousins in the definition of immediate family? Why or why not?
- WWhat are the impacts of adding a definition of "employ"?
- WWhat are the impacts of adding a definition of "authorized representative"?
- WAre there other terms that the Agency should consider clarifying, redefining, or eliminating from the rule? If so, please provide detail about the term(s) and rationale for change.
B. Restructuring of Part 170
- Is the restructuring clearer and easier to read and understand?
- Are there other ways that part 170 could be simplified or made clearer? If so, please provide suggested language and rationale.
Implementation of this Proposal
- Please provide input on how to measure the efficacy of the revised WPS once implemented. Describe specific data elements and how EPA could use them to determine whether the revised regulation is effective.
- What data would help to evaluate the impacts (costs) and benefits of the rule after implementation? Describe specific data elements and how EPA could use them to evaluate the costs and benefits of the rule.
- If EPA evaluates the effectiveness and/or the impacts and benefits of the rule, what timeframe should be used to conduct the evaluation, e.g., should EPA begin a review after the rule is fully implemented or a specific time period after full implementation? For how long should EPA conduct the evaluation? Please provide additional information on methodology that could be used to conduct any evaluation.