Science Policy Issues and Guidance Documents
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
EPA worked with the Tolerance Reassessment Advisory Committee (TRAC) to identify science policy issues that are key to the implementation of the Food Quality Protection Act (FQPA) and tolerance reassessment. Although EPA has sought independent review and public participation on a wide variety of issues, the Agency agreed that the implementation process would benefit from a more thorough process of public notice and comment. In an October 29, 1998 Federal Register Notice, EPA published a framework to describe these issues. The papers associated with each issue are listed below. Planned papers are shown in gray.
- FQPA 10-Fold Safety Factor
- Dietary Exposure and Risk Assessment
- Threshold of Regulation
- Drinking Water Exposure
- Residential Exposure
- Aggregating Exposure and Risk Assessment
- Cumulative Risk Assessment for Pesticides with a Common Mechanism of Toxicity
- Cholinesterase Inhibition End Point
- Use and Usage Information
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page