This page includes:
- History of the AEGL Program - Provides an historical perspective of the AEGL program and advantages of the Federal Advisory AEGL Committee approach to AEGL development.
- Definition of AEGLs - States the definitions of the three AEGL severity levels that are related to population exposures at differing AEGL chemical concentrations.
- Application of AEGL Values - Provides information about where and how AEGL values are used.
- AEGL Standing Operating Procedures - Provides detailed guidance on toxicological methodologies used to derive AEGL values, as provided by the National Academies.
- Technical Tools Used in the Derivation of AEGLs - Describes tools used to derive AEGLs, including Benchmark Dose Methodology, PBPK approaches, ten Berge software and more.