Jump to main content or area navigation.

Contact Us

Chemical Data Reporting (CDR)

Instructions for Correcting your IUR Submission

To correct your 2006, or an earlier, IUR submission ("Form U"), follow these instructions, regardless of the method that you used to submit the IUR submission that you are correcting.

Confidential Business Information (CBI)

If your correction involves CBI, please be sure to follow the CBI procedures outlined in the Instructions for Reporting for the 2006 Partial Updating of the TSCA Chemical Inventory Database (PDF) (111 pp, 817K) (Nov. 2006).

Form and Content of Corrections

Corrections should only be submitted on paper and only the incorrect and the corrected information should be included, not the entire form. The corrections may be made in a letter format. Do not resend the whole form unless it is necessary.


Be sure to include the following basic information to identify your submission (note: "Block" numbers refer to Form U):

  1. EPA Report Number (sent to you after EPA received your submission). If you have not yet received this number, use the company number that you developed when using the eIUR software. If you did not use the eIUR software, you do not have a company number. If you do not have either a report number or a company number, state in your submission that you do not.
  2. Company Name (Block 1.A.1). Make sure to write your company name exactly as you did in your submission. For example, if your Form U states "Company A," you should use "Company A" in your correction, not "A Corporation."
  3. Site Name and Address (Blocks 1.B.1 and 1.B.3 - 1.B.8). Make sure this information is included exactly as provided in your submission.
  4. Chemical Name and Identifying Number (Blocks 2.A.1 and 2.A.3). Make sure this information is included exactly as provided in your submission.

Correcting information

To correct your IUR submission, identify (1) the block number on Form U where the information is, and (2) both the specific, incorrect information that is to be replaced and the correct, replacement information. For example: "In block 1.A.1, replace 'Company A' with 'A Corporation.'"


You must also sign a certification statement for this corrected information. You may either include the certification statement in your letter or use a printed copy of the certification page from Form U using the eIUR software. The certification is:

I certify that I have examined this form, and to the best of my knowledge and belief, (1) it is true, correct, complete, and consistent with the requirements of 40 CFR 710.52(c); and (2) any confidentiality claims are true and correct as to that information for which they have been asserted.

Where to send your correction

Send your corrections to one of the following addresses. (Note: due to irradiation, items received through the mail may be damaged.)

Delivery-service address for IUR Corrections:
OPPT IUR Submission Coordinator
Attn: Inventory Update Reporting and Chemical Data Reporting
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics
EPA East Bldg., Room 6428
1201 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC, 20004
Phone # 202-564-8930

Mailing address for IUR Corrections:
OPPT IUR Submission Coordinator
Mailcode 7407M
ATTN: Inventory Update Reporting
Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Ariel Rios Building
1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20460

Top of Page

Jump to main content.