Hydraulic Fracturing Chemicals and Mixtures ANPR Comment Period Extended
June 12, 2014 - The comment period has been extended and now closes September 18, 2014. Read the Federal Register notice.
May 9, 2014 – Recognizing the power of transparency, EPA issued an ANPR seeking public comment on the types of chemical information that could be reported and disclosed under TSCA and the approaches to obtaining this information for chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing activities. The comment period closes on September 18, 2014. Use www.regulations.gov to submit your comments to docket ID number EPA-HQ-OPPT-2011-1019. Read the press release. Learn more.
April 8, 2014 - EPA updated the table of sunset dates of chemicals subject to final TSCA section 4 and related 12(b) actions. Learn more.
EPA Agreement Requires Siloxane Environmental Testing Data from Chemical Manufacturers
April 3, 2014 - EPA has entered into an Enforceable Consent Agreement with five manufacturers of octamethylcyclotetrasiloxane (D4), which is widely used as a chemical intermediate and component of personal care products. Learn more. Read the Federal Register notice.
EPA has broad authority under the law to issue:
- Information collection regulations that require the submission of health and safety studies which are known or available to those who manufacture, process, or distribute in commerce specified chemicals; and
- Regulations designed to gather information from manufacturers and processors about production/import volumes, chemical uses and methods of disposal, and the extent to which people and the environment are exposed.
ABOUT CHEMICAL TESTING DATA DEVELOPMENT (TESTING)
- Test Rules
- Testing Policy
- Program Objectives
- Master Testing List
- Chemical Right-To-Know
- Interagency Testing Committee
- International Chemical Safety
- Information Gathering Authority Section 8(a)
- Allegations of Significant Adverse Reactions Section 8(c)
- Unpublished Health and Safety Studies Section 8(d)
- Substantial Risk Information Section 8(e)
- TSCA Export Notification Section 12(b)
- TSCA Import Certification Section 13
- Electronic Reporting Requirements for Certain Information under the Toxic Substances Control Act
- Results of Section 4 Chemical Testing
- Individual Testing Results
- Testing Results by CAS No. (PDF, 174 pp, 827 kb, About PDF)
- Testing Results by Chemical Name (PDF, 172 pp, 828 kb, About PDF)
- Section 4
- Section 5 Federal Register Publications
- Section 8
- Section 12(b) Federal Register Exports
- Section 21 Petitions
- Import/Export Policies
- TSCA Section 13 Custom Import Regulations 19 CFR sections 12.118 through 12.127 and 127.28 amended)
- Product Stewardship/Memoradum of Understanding