Lithographic Printing Findings & Accomplishments
Feedback from partner trade associations indicates a gradual shift towards using safer blanket washes. Lithographers continue to ask questions about how to evaluate their current blanket wash and how to compare them to substitute blanket washes with lower VOC content. How safe are substitute washes? How do they perform? How much do they cost to use? What are the environmental risks?
The DfE Program provides answers to these and other questions listed below. Project findings can be reviewed in summary or found in the full technical report, the Cleaner Technology Substitutes Assessment: Lithographic Blanket Washes.
- Why should I switch to a substitute blanket wash?
- How can I identify different types of substitute blanket washes?
- How do blanket washes affect worker health and the environment?
- What kind of performance can I expect from a substitute blanket
- How will substitute washes affect my costs?
- What were the overall results of the substitute wash evaluations?
- What steps do I need to take to switch to a substitute blanket
- What questions should I ask my blanket wash supplier?
- What else can I do to prevent pollution at my facility?
- Where can I find more information about pollution prevention in printing?