Session 17: A Dialogue for Agencies: Embarking on Pilots - Incentives and Benefits
Thursday, July 17, 1997
2:45 - 4:00 pm
- Add personal satisfaction.
- Having made a change is very satisfying.
- Plotting Your Course
May want to start with customers and their feedback (through survey)
and present it to top management versus going straight to top management.
Thought to get employee buy-in first and later get top management
attention through success.
Formal interest from partnering agency will help get buy-in, e.g. EPA
- Stressed GSA catalogue
- Concern regarding usability of DLA catalogue
- Gap from top management to end user Identify incentives
- Getting right people involved (may need EPA support for this)
- Institutional and behavioral barriers
- Tracking system for better control over purchases
- Solution? Consolidation of hazmats
List of approved products
Label similar to FDA nutritional labels (criteria? local nature of attributes?)
Formally Integrate EPP
- Qualified list of contractors
- Interagency agreement: EPA help select/hire contractors for EPP support
- Develop environmental products directory of sorts from pilot learning (EPA support)