This Web site provides general information on requirements under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) for persons who import and/or export chemical substances into and out of the United States. Various legal requirements under TSCA and associated implementing regulations can apply to a wide range of chemical substances and can impact importers and exporters.
Information on this Web site is not intended to provide importers and exporters with complete details of specific obligations under TSCA. In addition to reviewing the information posted on this Web site, importers and exporters should refer to the TSCA statute, regulations and interpretive guidance. Additional information may be obtained from EPA, or where appropriate for import issues, the U.S. Bureau of Customs and Border Protection.
This site offers:
- Basic Information — Learn about TSCA legal requirements that may apply to importers and exporters of chemical substances.
- TSCA Section 13 Import Certification Requirements — Read about import certification requirements, and link to the TSCA Section 13 import brochure (PDF) (11 pp., 100 kb, About PDF). and checklist (PDF) (14 pp., 2.0 mb, About PDF).
- TSCA Section 12(b) Export Notice Requirements — Read about export notice requirements and link to the list of chemicals subject to Section 12b and to Section 4 testing requirements sunset dates and status.
- TSCA Section 5—Related Import and Export Requirements — Read how import and export requirements apply to new chemicals and new uses under TSCA Section 5.
- Section 4 Testing and Section 8 Information Reporting — Read about Section 4 testing requirements and Section 8 information reporting and recordkeeping requirements that may apply to importers of certain chemicals.
- PCBs, Asbestos, Lead and other Chemicals — Read about additional import and export requirements for PCBs, asbestos, lead and other specific chemicals.