PCBs, Mercury, Asbestos, Lead and other ChemicalsRegulations under Section 6 of TSCA contain import and export requirements applicable to certain specific chemicals. For more information, select a topic below:
- PCBs — Section 6(e) of the Toxic Substances Control Act prohibits import or export of PCBs. See 40 CFR Part 761 for regulations on the import or export of PCBs. In certain limited circumstances, EPA may grant exemptions to allow import or export of PCBs provided statutory and regulatory requirements are met.
- See the EPA's general PCB Web page for more information on PCBs
- For information on the import or export of PCBs for disposal, contact the EPA's Office of Solid Waste at (703) 308-8404.
- For more information about the import or export of PCBs for use, see this site's Contact Us.
- Read about the national ban on exporting elemental mercury.
- Read about rules regulating asbestos.
- Learn about requirements pertaining to lead.
- Certain chemical substances that may be used in metalworking fluids and that are regulated under 40 CFR Part 747.
- Certain hexavalent chromium based water treatment chemicals that are regulated under 40 CFR 749.68.