Section 8(e) of TSCA
Section 8(e) of the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) requires U.S. chemical manufacturers, importers, processors and distributors to notify EPA within 30 calendar days of new, unpublished information on their chemicals that may lead to a conclusion of substantial risk to human health or to the environment. Learn about Section 8(e) and find out how to submit a notice.
"For Your Information" (FYI) Submissions
As the name implies, “For Your Information” submissions are voluntary and reasons for submitting them vary. Learn about them and find out how to submit them.
This site offers:
Basic Information: Provides introductory information about the TSCA 8e and FYI reporting process, public access and contact information.
- Reporting Requirements: Information concerning who must report chemical information under Section 8(e) of TSCA and the reporting process
- Guidance Documents: Links to Federal Register notices providing additional reporting guidance, policy clarification, and corrections associated with 8(e)s and FYIs.
- Frequent Questions: EPA's responses to submitters' questions.
- 8(e) Notices and FYI Submissions: Links to the most recent monthly report of new TSCA 8(e) and FYI Submissions and previous monthly and biweekly reports.
- EPA's Evaluations: Information on the EPA evaluation process.
- Confidential Business Information: Provides guidance for asserting claims of confidentiality