Ask these questions to learn more about the blanket wash you are currently using or a substitute blanket wash you may consider testing:
- What chemicals or generic chemical families are in the blanket wash?
- What percent of the blanket wash is volatile organic compounds (VOCs)?
- Will the daily use and disposal of the blanket wash trigger federal air regulations?
- What short-term and long-term health risks are associated with the chemicals in the blanket wash?
- Are workers exposed to the chemicals through the skin and/or through inhaling the chemicals?
- What gloves or protective equipment should be used with the wash?
- How can blanket washes be applied so that I can minimize both the health risk and waste generated?
- How do I properly dispose of the used blanket wash and towels?
- What state, municipal, or local regulations may apply to the use and disposal of this blanket wash?
Lithographic Printing Partnership:
Printing Industries of America
Graphic Arts Technical Foundation
The Environmental Conservation Board of the Graphic Communications Industry
The University of Tennessee
and individual printers and suppliers.