What You Can Do To Compare Blanket Washes
Follow the checklist below when testing different blanket washes:
Test Blanket Wash for a Set Amount of Time:
- Discuss blanket wash tests with press operators
- Set a trial period of one or two weeks with press operators
- Record major observations during test period
- Press Operators
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- Vapor pressure information from MSDS Section 3
- Flash point information from MSDS Section 4
- Blanket Wash Supplier
- Percentage VOC content
- Is blanket wash considered hazardous under environmental regulations or OSHA?
- Enter each score in work-sheet column
- Add scores for final result
- Does the final result indicate potential improvement?
- Are there other benefits or costs of the test wash that are not on the worksheet?