How to Access the Inventory
To search the non-confidential portion of the Inventory on the EPA Web site, companies and individuals may download:
- Microsoft Access file of the Non-Confidential TSCA Inventory (Zip file; last created: 08/1/2013, file size: 3.64 MB)
- Comma Separated Value (CSV) text file of the Non-Confidential TSCA Inventory (Zip file; last created: 08/1/2013, file size: 2.13 MB)
- Help Using the Files and Background Information
Other sources of non-confidential TSCA Inventory data include:
- On Data.gov -- non-confidential portion of the Inventory presented as a data set
- On Data.gov -- non-confidential portion of the Inventory presented as an extraction tool which allows you to select a data basket full of variables and then recode them in a form you desire. You can then develop and customize tables.
- National Technical Information Service (NTIS) Web site is the largest central resource for federal government information and publications. The NTIS provides non-confidential TSCA Inventory data in several products on CD-ROM for a nominal fee, including raw data and and searchable versions. These products are updated every six months.
- Government Printing Office (GPO) Web site no longer provides paper copies of the original 1985 TSCA Chemicals Substances Inventory publication or the 1990 Supplement; however, its Catalog of U.S. Government Publications can find a nearby Federal Depository Library that has a particular historical publication or it can provide expert assistance in finding and using related U.S. government information.
- EPA's Substance Registry Services (SRS) is an on-line chemical pointer system for EPA-regulated or -monitored substances. The non-confidential TSCA Inventory data in the SRS is updated every six months.
To search chemicals on the TSCA Inventory through the "Search by List" page:
- Type "TSCA Inventory" in the List Name field
- Click the "filter" button and select "TSCA Inv (66068) - TSCA Inventory" from the drop-down list
- Complete the remainder of the search criteria information.
Several commercial services provide searches for the non-confidential Inventory for a fee. None of these is connected to or has a specific endorsement from EPA. As far as the Agency is aware, each uses the regularly-updated Inventory listings available from NTIS.