Whether you are a meeting host, planner or service supplier, you can use this site to find the tips, tools and resources to make environmentally responsible choices for meetings and events.
You will find:
Basic Information - on the practices for planning and executing meeting events which are more environmentally, socially and economically responsible.
Targeted Roles & Tasks - Find information geared toward:
- Meeting planner
- Supplier of meeting services
- Meeting host who contracts with meeting planners
Green Meeting Initiatives - Get sources for incentives and expertise to achieve sustainability in the meeting, events and conference industry, including:
- Green Meetings Industry Council ;
- Meeting Professionals International (MPI) and;
- International Association of Convention and Visitors Bureaus - Sustainable Tourism
- US GSA Federal Travel Regulation - Guide to Sustainable Conferences (DOC) (10 pp)
Related Links and Resources - Get more information to help you plan meetings while minimizing negative impacts on the environment.