Chemistry Assistance Manual for Premanufacture Notification Submitters
The Chemistry Assistance Manual for Premanufacture Notification Submitters is designed to assist persons involved with the design and development of new chemical substances with certain technical aspects of submitting Premanufature Notices (PMNs) to EPA under the Toxic Substances Control Act. It is hoped that, with this information, submitters will be able to develop more physicochemical property data and other technical information for new substances so that the Agency's ability to perform accurate risk assessments will increase.
The Manual consists of an Introduction, an Index, three Chapters and an Appendix, all in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). You may download a single ZIP-compressed file containing all six parts, or you may download individual parts of the Manual.
- Download the Entire Chemistry Assistance Manual (chem-pmn.zip - 440K)
- Index (PDF) (7 pp, 15K)
- Preface and Introduction (PDF) (8 pp, 22K)
- Chapter 1: The PMN Review Process (PDF) (39 pp, 126K)
- Chapter 2: Chemical Information Needed for Risk Assessment (PDF) (51 pp, 259K)
- Chapter 3: Pollution Prevention and Premanufacture Notifications (PDF) (10 pp, 36K)
- Appendix: The Toxics Substances Control Act: History and Implementation (PDF) (27 pp, 87K)