January 16, 2013 -- 2012 Progress Reports now available. See the reports and summary tables.
In 2006, former Administrator Stephen L. Johnson invited the eight major fluoropolymer and telomer manufacturers to join in a global stewardship program with two goals:
- To commit to achieve, no later than 2010, a 95% reduction, measured from a year 2000 baseline, in both facility emissions to all media of PFOA, precursor chemicals that can break down to PFOA, and related higher homologue chemicals, and product content levels of these chemicals.
- To commit to working toward the elimination of these chemicals from emissions and products by 2015.
Participating companies include:
- BASF Corporation (successor to Ciba)
- Solvay Solexis
- Submitted baseline year 2000 data on emissions and product content at the end of October 2006.
- Report annual progress toward goals each succeeding October and report progress in terms of both U.S. and global operations.
Companies also agreed to work cooperatively with EPA and establish scientifically credible analytical standards and laboratory methods to ensure comparability of reporting.
Additional information on the 2010/2015 PFOA Stewardship Program, EPA reporting guidance, company baseline data from 2006, and company progress reports are available at the following links:
- Explanation of Suggested Reporting Forms
- Minimizing CBI Claims
- Explanation of the Term "Product"
- Amendments, Clarifications to Guidance
- Contents, Definitions in Table 1 and Table 2
- Table 1 - U.S. Operations
- Table 2 - Non - U.S. Operations
2012 Progress Reports
2011 Progress Reports
2010 Progress Reports
2009 Progress Reports
2008 Progress Reports
2007 Progress Reports