Office of Strategic Environmental Management
State-EPA Symposium 2008
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
2008 Symposium on Innovating for Sustainable Results:
Integrated Approaches for Energy, Climate and the Environment
January 7 – 10, 2008 • Chapel Hill, North Carolina
This event combines two highly successful innovation forums—the National Air Innovations Conference and the State-EPA Innovation Symposium—into a single exciting agenda.
Participants will get up-to-date information on innovative approaches and technologies for addressing energy, climate and other environmental challenges. The agenda will offer pre- and post-symposia workshops for in-depth learning about select topics, plenary presentations, and a series of breakout sessions focused on:
- Realizing the Full Potential of Innovative Strategies
- Holistic Approaches, Sustainable Results
- Collaborating for Environmental Problem-Solving
The 2008 Symposium on Innovating for Sustainable Results is sponsored by EPA, ECOS, and the Council for Excellence in Government.
Who Should Attend?
- Environmental practitioners in EPA and State programs
- Local government and Tribal leaders breaking new ground on energy, climate, and sustainability strategies—and those interested in following their lead
- Representatives from companies, other Federal agencies, Non Governmental Organizations and communities will be invited on an individual basis as relevant to the program.