National Forum on Vapor Intrusion
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
January 12-13, 2009
Thanks to all who attended our successful conference! We met our goal of about 350 people from across the United States, including Federal agencies, state and local governments, community activists and other impacted residents, property developers and property reuse personnel, private consultants and vendors, and responsible parties undertaking response. This Forum was structured on dual tracks with common sessions. We had technical presentations on sampling, assessment, risk, and engineering. There were also case studies illustrating a cross section of vapor intrusion issues from the perspective of community stakeholders, Brownfields, EPA, and states. We had two breakout sessions: one on community issues and one on government programs. The Community Stakeholder Breakout presented areas and issues of interest for community groups, residents, developers, and possibly local government. The Government Stakeholder Breakout pertained to internal issues of program implementation, policy and guidance. We also had close to 30 poster presentations.
Thank you to all who supported our conference, including ORD's Office of Science Policy, OSWER's Office of Superfund Remediation and Technology Innovation, and ORD's National Exposure Research Laboratory and Land Research Program. Thanks also go out to the "champions" of the Monday evening poster session, including HydroGeoLogic, Inc., CH2MHill, Sullivan International, and Pontarolo Engineering.
If you were an attendee, please fill out our evaluation form available via the link below. You may also request a Certificate of Participation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to have Proceedings completed and posted here by early March 2009.
- Final proceedings (PDF, 71pp., 733KB)
- Final agenda (PDF, 2pp., 45kB)
- Attendee list (PDF, 16pp., 78KB)
- Speaker bios in presentation order (PDF, 6pp., 24KB)
- Louis Berger Group (PDF, 1pp., 296KB)
- ATSDR (PDF, 1pp., 171KB)
- Brown University (PDF, 1pp., 326KB)
- TechLaw (PDF, 8pp., 45KB)
- TestAmerica (PDF, 1pp., 222KB)
- US EPA Region 6 (PDF, 1pp., 653KB)
- Gore & Associates (PDF, 1pp., 6.9MB)
- Beacon Environmental Services (PDF, 1pp., 156KB)
- CH2M Hill (PDF, 1pp., 1.4MB)
- US EPA Region 3 (PDF, 13pp., 2.0MB)
- HDR (PDF, 1pp., 1.2MB)
- Tetra Tech (PDF, 1pp., 7.3MB)
- EA Engineering, Science, and Technology (PDF, 1pp., 486KB)