For community planners, the most useful information about PAYT often comes from peers. View the links below for a series of case studies to learn how other communities developed successful programs. These stories, written by local officials, illustrate the many variations that PAYT programs can take.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- Introduction | PDF Version (2 pp, 277K)
- Dover, NH | PDF Version (2 pp, 119K)
- Falmouth, ME | PDF Version (2 pp, 125K)
- Fort Collins, CO | PDF Version (2 pp, 134K)
- Gainesville, FL | PDF Version (2 pp, 138K)
- Mount Vernon, IA | PDF Version (2 pp, 140K)
- Poquoson, VA | PDF Version (2 pp, 111K)
- San Jose, CA | PDF Version (2 pp, 112K)
- South Kingstown, RI | PDF Version (2 pp, 117K)
- Vancouver, WA | PDF Version ( 2pp, 117K)
Download the complete booklet (PDF) (20 pp, 543K)
To order a free, printed copy of the Pay-As-You-Throw Success Stories, visit our online order form.