e-Permitting Community Information
The e-Permitting section contains the following information:
- What is e-Permitting?
- What is This Site All About?
- How Do Facilities Work?
- What is My State's RCRA Program?
- Where Can I Find a Model RCRA Permit?
- What Can I Do?
- Who Can I Contact?
E-permitting is electronic permitting. E-permitting can mean anything from providing information about permitting to accepting permit applications and issuing permits online. EPA hopes increased public participation will be one benefit of an e-permitting system. For more information of what e-permitting is and why it is important, please visit our general e-permitting site.
The main e-permitting website provides information on e-permitting for facilities and states who will use an e-permitting system. This subpage describes ways that the community can become involved in the permitting process, whether or not it is electronic. Below is the index of links to useful information for the general community.
How Do Facilities Work?
What is My State's RCRA Program?
Click on the abbreviation for your state below. If your site is not listed, go to the EPA's list of general state waste programs.
Where Can I Find a Model RCRA Permit?
The model RCRA permit and draft RCRA model standardized permit are available on the e-Tools webpage. They may help you understand the extent of RCRA regulation.
What Can I Do?
- Managing Hazardous Waste in Your Community
- Permitting Process Flowchart - Flow chart outlines the steps of the permitting process, including the stages where the community may be involved.
- State Contacts - To find the contact person for the Hazardous Waste Program in your state you can either go to your state's Hazardous Waste Program website or look at the EPA's list of Hazardous Waste Program contacts. If there is no contact information for your state in either list you will need to contact your Regional Hazardous Waste Program contact person.
- EPA Regional Contacts
|Region 1: ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT
|Region 6: NM, TX, OK, AR, LA
|Region 2: NY, NJ, PR, VI
|Region 7: NE, KS, IA, MO
|Region 3: PA, DE, DC, MD, VA, WV
|Region 8: MT, ND, WY, SD, UT, CO
|Region 4: KY, TN, NC, SC, MS, AL, GA, FL
|Region 9: CA, NV, AZ, HI
|Region 5: MN, WI, IL, MI, IN, OH
|Region 10: WA, OR, ID, AK