Solid Waste and Emergency Response
Action 3 – Sustain a Dialogue with EPA Regions and State RCRA Delegated Programs to Identify and Promote Best Community Engagement Practices
Public Review Opportunities
Provide your feedback on the CEI
Many of the regulations for the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) program have been delegated by EPA to the states for implementation. States with delegated programs are responsible for conducting community engagement activities. The Office of Resource Conservation and Recovery (ORCR) will establish and expand the dialogue on community engagement with its Regional and state partners working with them to:
- Assess and identify best practices for effective community engagement regarding facilities located in or near their communities, including how the type and level of community engagement is tailored to the site-specific situations.
- Encourage implementation of these best practices where appropriate.
- Develop web pages to share data and highlight effective community engagement practices for delegated state RCRA programs.
- Initiate dialogue to identify and promote best community engagement practices.
- Complete web pages to promote RCRA community engagement practices.