National Clean Diesel Campaign (NCDC)
- Clean School Bus
- Ports & Marine
- Clean Construction
- Clean Agriculture
To help protect the health of on-site personnel and maintain good community relations, project owners should establish a clean diesel policy for their projects.
Key Elements of a Successful Clean Diesel Policy:
- Include Clean diesel specifications or performance standards in contracts.
- Use NEDC model contract specification (PDF) (11 pp, 100K, April 2008, About PDF) to provide clean diesel language in construction contracts.
- Emphasize the clean diesel policy during the bid process and throughout project.
- Hold construction managers accountable for successfully implementing the clean diesel policy by making sure they:
- Thoroughly understand all elements of the policy
- Fully educate all contractors on clean diesel requirements throughout the duration of the project.
- Implement a tracking system.
- See that all contract requirements are met.
- Respond to and resolve all issues regarding the policy.