Fuels and Fuel Additives
Diesel Fuel: Compliance Help
Diesel Compliance Help
- Please visit the Diesel reporting page for forms and instructions for this regulation.
Diesel Fuel Q&As
- Please visit the Fuels and Fuel Additives Frequent Questions page for diesel fuel Q&As
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
Guidance Documents and Reports
- EPA Guidance on ECA Marine Fuel (PDF) (8 pp, 117K, EPA-420-B-14-097, December 2014)
- Yellow Marker 2012 Transition Guidance (PDF) (2 pp, 507K, EPA-420-F-12-031, June 2012)
- Diesel Fuel Dates Chart (PDF) (1 pp, 43K, EPA420-B-11-003, July 2011)
- Category 3 Marine and MARPOL Annex VI Fuel Sulfur Requirements (PDF) (1 pp, 33K, EPA-420-B-11-002, July 2011)
- Diesel Fuel Dates for the State of Alaska (PDF) (1 pp, 33K, EPA-420-B-11-001, July 2011)
- 500 ppm Sulfur NRLM Credit Calculation Guidance (PDF) (1 pp, 195K, EPA-420-F-09-030, June 2009)
- Fact Sheet: Diesel Fuel Pump Labeling Requirements and Ultra-low Sulfur Diesel Labeling and Downgrading (PDF) (9 pp, 3.4M, January 2007)
- High Sulfur NRLM Credit Calculation Guidance (PDF) (5 pp, 67K, EPA420-B-07-001, January 2007)
- Guidance on Mobile Facilities (PDF) (6 pp, 57K, EPA420-B-06-003, March 2006)
- Small Entity Compliance Guide for Control of Air Pollution from New Motor Vehicles: Heavy-Duty Engines and Vehicles Standards and Highway Diesel Fuel Sulfur Control Requirements (PDF) (22 pp, 737K, EPA420-B-05-006, September 2005)
- Small Entity Compliance Guide for Control of Emissions from Nonroad Diesel Engines and Fuel (PDF) (49 pp, 663K, EPA420-B-05-009, September 2005)
- Summary and Analysis of the 2003-2006 Diesel Fuel Pre-compliance Reports Refiners and importers who produced or imported highway and/or nonroad, locomotive and marine (NRLM) diesel fuel in 2006-2010 were required to submit to EPA pre-compliance reports. These documents provide a summary and analysis of the reports that were received in June 2003 through 2006.
If you have questions or request information, please contact the appropriate support or help line found on the Support & Help page.
Please visit EPA's Transportation and Air Quality web-based repository of mobile source documents, Document Index System (DIS). This searchable repository contains regulations, Federal Register notices, policy letters, and guidance documents.
Please visit our Related Links page for other fuel related information within EPA, other U.S. Agencies, and other fuel related websites.