Cars and Light Trucks
Tier 2 Vehicle and Gasoline Sulfur Program
The Tier 2 Vehicle and Gasoline Sulfur Program is the result of a collaborative effort by a wide range of stakeholders. EPA worked closely with auto companies, oil companies, states, public health and environmental organizations, and others to design a stringent but balanced program that all key stakeholders could support.
The following documents relate to the Tier 2 Vehicle and Gasoline Sulfur Program Final Rule.
NOTE: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, available as a free download, to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
Regulations & Standards
- Fact Sheet: EPA’s Program for Cleaner Vehicles and Cleaner Gasoline (PDF) (4 pp, 13.1K, EPA420-F-99-051, December 1999)
- Final Rule (PDF) (173 pp, 1.14MB, published February 10, 2000)
- Regulatory Impact Analysis (PDF) (522 pp, 2MB, EPA 420-R-99-023, December 1999)
- Response to Comments - Tier 2 Motor Vehicle Emission Standards and Gasoline Sulfur Control Requirements (PDF) (525 pp, 2.2MB, EPA420-R99-024, December 1999)
- February 2005 Gasoline Sulfur Rule Questions and Answers (PDF) (13 pp, 40K, EPA420-F-05-001, February 2005)
- December 2000 Gasoline Sulfur Rule Questions and Answers (PDF) (24K, EPA420-F-00-056, December 2000)
- May 2000 Gasoline Sulfur Rule Questions and Answers (PDF) (92K, EPA420-F-00-018, May 2000)
- Green Vehicle Guide
- "Green Book" listing of NAAQS non-attainment areas
- Regional Transport of Ozone (RTO) Home Page
- Real-time Air Pollution Data (AIRNOW)
- Fuels and Fuel Additives