APPENDIX B: Oral Request Information Outline OSWER Directive 9360.0-16a Guidance for Conducting Federal-Lead Underground Storage Tank Corrective Actions July 25, 1988
OSWER DIRECTIVE 9360.0-16A
- State official requesting assistance (should be authorized by Director of State UST agency designated by Governor).
- Is the release from a leaking underground storage tank? (see Section 1.4 of this guidance for definition)
- Is the released substance petroleum? (see Section 1.4 of this guidance for definition)
- Location of release.
- Time and date of release.
- Name, description, and general condition of facility.
- Is the release a long-term or chronic problem?
- Types and amounts of petroleum substances involved, and quantities released to environment.
- Major public health or environmental emergency conditions. (see Sections 1.4 and 2.2 of this guidance for detail)
- Number and proximity of persons potentially affected.
- Increased threat to human health or the environment if response is delayed or denied.
- Ongoing efforts to respond to release.
- State/local/owner-operator ability and willingness to provide response, with specific reasons for inability to respond (e.g., lack of authority, technical expertise, qualified staff, or funding).
- Specific enforcement actions undertaken by the State.
- Type of action needed to mitigate or stabilize emergency (if known)