These resources provide general information about methyl tertiary-butyl ether (MTBE). In addition, links to organizations with MTBE-related resources are provided. For more MTBE topics, return to the MTBE main page.
[ DISCLAIMER ]
- Charnock MTBE Project 2008.
EPA's Region 9 prepared this Web page on the Charnock MTBE project, a ground water sub-basin located in the West Los Angeles and Culver City areas of California, that is an important source of drinking water for the cities of Santa Monica and Culver City.
- Demonstration and Evaluation of an Automated Infiltration Gallery System at Port Hueneme, CA (PDF) (109 pp, 4.5MB, About PDF) 2008. EPA/600/R-08/068
This EPA paper presents the results of research on the treatment of fuel components using a remotely operated infiltration gallery.
- Upgraded UST Release Site Evaluation Case Studies (UST Team 2 Report) (PDF) (44 pp, 143K, About PDF) 1999.
This UST Team 2 report presents the results of an evaluation of upgraded UST sites where MTBE was present below ground, in order to determine site-specific factors resulting in a release of MTBE.
- USEPA MTBE Pilot Project Report: Objective 2 2008.
Prepared by New York's Department of Environmental Conservation, this report presents the results of a pilot study to better define the extent of MTBE contamination stemming from previously unidentified and/or unreported MTBE-blended gasoline releases throughout the Long Island aquifer system.
- Using Phytoremediation to Control Fuel Oxygenate Plumes in Northern Climates Undated.
Prepared by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), this Web page provides information on work conducted by USGS scientists and their partners on the use of phytoremediation to contain and remediate a subsurface plume of gasoline located on the Flathead Indian Reservation near Ronan, Montana. Links to reports and additional resources are included.
- Landmeyer, J.E., J.F. Pankow, and C.D. Church. 1997. Occurrence of MTBE and Tert-butyl Alcohol in a Gasoline-Contaminated Aquifer. Preprints of Symposia Papers Presented before the Division of Environmental Chemistry, American Chemical Society, San Francisco, CA, April 13-17, 1997.
- Wilson, R.D., M. Schirmer, C.N. Naas, A. Smith, C. Smith, K.M. Scow, M.R. Hyman, and D.M. Mackay. Laboratory-Scale Evaluation of In Situ Aerobic MTBE Biodegradation Options for Vandenberg Air Force Base, California. 1999. Proceedings of the 2000 Petroleum Hydrocarbons and Organic Chemicals in Ground Water: Prevention, Detection, and Remediation. Houston, Texas, November 17-19, 1999.