Risk-Based Decision-Making And Underground Storage Tanks
Risk-based decision-making (RBDM) is a process to make decisions about underground storage tank (UST) release sites based on the risk each poses to human health and the environment. EPA's Office of Underground Storage Tanks (OUST) developed a comprehensive policy that explains the use of risk-based approaches at UST sites.
EPA OUST is working with its regional offices and with state and local UST programs to encourage the use of RBDM in their corrective action programs.
- OSWER Policy Directive 9610.17 -- Use of Risk-Based Decision-Making Corrective Action Programs
RBDM Technical Support Documents
- Tribal Nations RBDM Guidance & RBCA Software
- RBCA Fate and Transport Models: Compendium and Selection Guidance (PDF) (104 pp, 1.3MB, About PDF)
- Risk Assessment
- Superfund Risk Assessment
- Waste and Cleanup Risk Assessment
- Ecological Risk Assessment
- Risk Assessment (Land Research Program)