Landfill Methane Outreach Program
LMOP consists of four Partner categories and an Endorser category designed to assist different sectors of the landfill gas (LFG) community. Through these programs, LMOP works with landfill owners/operators, industry organizations, energy providers and marketers, state agencies, communities, end users, and other stakeholders to help them overcome barriers to LFG energy development. The following links to our Partner and Endorser pages provide more information on individual efforts, expertise, and services within the LFG community:
- LMOP Industry Partners provide technical and financial assistance, consulting services, and equipment to help develop LFG as an energy source.
- LMOP Energy Partners include power providers, marketers, and energy end users. Power providers and marketers make LFG an attractive part of their green/renewable energy portfolio.
- LMOP State Partners encourage coordination among permitting and regulatory offices to lower barriers and increase opportunities for LFG recovery.
- LMOP Community Partners develop and publicize LFG use projects.
- LMOP Endorsers are nonprofit organizations coordinating with EPA to publicize and promote the use of LFG among their members or constituents.
2014 Partner and Project of the Year Awards
LMOP is pleased to announce the 2014 Parter and Project of the Year awardees.
View the winners »
Do You Work Internationally?
Organizations that focus on only international activities may want to consider joining the Global Methane Initiative instead of LMOP. LMOP works in conjunction with the Global Methane Initiative to promote LFG energy project development globally.