Pesticide Registration Improvement Renewal Act (PRIA 2) of 2007
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
Questions on PRIA?
- Send in questions on PRIA implementation
Effective October 1, 2007, the Pesticide Registration Improvement Renewal Act (PRIA 2) reauthorized the Pesticide Registration Improvement Act of 2003 (PRIA 1) for five more years, until 2012. Both Acts established pesticide registration service fees for registration actions. The category of action, the amount of the pesticide registration service fee, and the corresponding decision review periods by year are prescribed in these statutes. Their goal is to create a more predictable evaluation process for affected pesticide decisions, and couple the collection of individual fees with specific decision review periods. They also promote shorter decision review periods for reduced-risk applications.
Pesticide Registration Manual - Registration Fees
- Actions Not Covered by Registration Service Fees
- Fee Determination Decision Tree FY11/12 - The decision tree will help applicants requesting a pesticide registration or certain tolerance action to accurately identify the category of their application and the amount of the required fee before they submit the application. Applies to applications received by the Agency on and after October 1, 2010.
- PRIA 2 Fee Table FY11/12 - Lists the fee and Agency decision time frame for the 140 types of pesticide applications covered by PRIA 2 and received on and after October 1, 2010.
- PRIA 2: Primary/Secondary (Related Applications) - This guidance will help pesticide registration applicants identify a fee for those situations in which a number of PRIA 2 applications depend upon a single data set and for which the Agency automatically reduces the fee under FIFRA Section 33(b)(8)(C).
- PRIA 2: Preliminary Interpretations of Fee Categories (46 pp, 360K, about PDF) - This document can be printed and provides interpretations for the 140 PRIA 2 fee categories.
Fee Waivers, Exemptions, Reductions and Refunds
- Guidance on How to Request Small Business Fee Waivers
- Guidance on Federal and State Agency Exemptions
- Guidance on IR-4 Exemptions
- PRIA 2: Overview of Fee Reduction and Refund Formula (PDF) (5pp, 59KB, about PDF) - EPA has developed formulas for determining the reductions in the registration service fee for actions that are partially completed and for refunds following withdrawal of a PRIA covered application.
Questions and Answers
- 21 Day Initial Content Screen Review Worksheet
- Fee Inquiries - Answers to general questions asked using "Send in questions" e-mail box above
- Fee Payments
- Fund Management
- In-Processing of Applications
- Inert Ingredients
- Reports per fiscal year: 2011 2010 (PDF) (57 pp, 811k, About PDF) 2009 (PDF) (60 pp, 950k, About PDF) 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004
- PRIA Process Improvement Workgroup within the Pesticide Program Dialog Committee (PPDC)
- Antimicrobials Workplans
- Biopesticides New Active Ingredient Work Plan for FY 2010
- Multi-Year Workplan for the Registration of Conventional Pesticides