Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I market my application with OPP?
- Are there any options to expedite the standard recruitment process?
- How can I get more detailed information about the various program activities in OPP?
- How can I get a copy of the Federal Government pay scale?
Consider networking venues for employment possibilities, such as:
- Scientific Conference
- Job Fairs
- Career Fairs
You may also send a copy of your resumé to:
Office of Pesticide Programs (Mail Stop 7501P)
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20460
Here are a few quick-hire options:
- Student Educational Employment Program (STEP) - The Federal
Government has always looked to educational institutions to find people
who have the skills needed to meet its future employment needs. This
program was created to attract talented students to Federal public service.
It is an opportunity for students to earn money and continue their education,
to train with people who manage the day-to-day business of the Federal
Government, and to combine academic study with on-the-job experience.
OPP uses this program to bring on board students temporarily in the
Federal Government at the GS-1 to GS-12 grade levels.
- Presidential Management Intern - Persons certified by OPM who
have a master's degree in Public Administration can be hired immediately
as Program Management Analysts or Environmental Protection Specialists.
- EPA Intern Program (EIP) - EIP is a comprehensive, entry-level,
permanent, full-time employment and career development program designed
to recruit and nurture the next generation of Agency leaders. Program
participants join an intensive, 2-year program to foster both personal
and professional growth. For more information, contact Jamie Langlie
(EIP Program Manager) at 202-260-5675 or EPA-InternProgram@epa.gov.
- Persons with Disabilities Program - Qualified candidates can
be certified for any grade they qualify for and hired immediately without
going through the OPM competitive process. For more information, contact
Christopher Emanuel at 202-564-7286.
- Student Career Experience Program - Students who are pursuing a degree on at least a half time basis may qualify for a special student appointment to work in a position compatible with their field of study and/or career interest. The appointment requires that the student's university enter into an agreement with EPA. If students complete at least 640 work hours,within 120 days after graduation, they receive non-competitive eligibility for career-conditional appointment to Federal service. Information on how to apply.
- Positions for faculty members - Qualified college or university faculty members can apply for scientific, professional or analytical positions (which cannot exceed 130 days per year).
A description of each division in OPP can be found at http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/contacts/index.htm.
The most current Federal Government pay scale is posted at http://www.opm.gov/oca/payrates/index.asp