Dear Prospective Registrant:
For your convenience, we have assembled an online registration
kit which contains the following pertinent forms and information
needed to register a pesticide product with the U.S. Environmental
Protection Agency's Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP):
NOTE: Documents are in Portable Document Format
Free Acrobrat Reader software
is available to enable you to read the files in PDF.
Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA)
and the Federal
Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) as Amended by the Food
Quality Protection Act (FQPA) of 1996.
- The Federal Register Notice announcing the "Pesticides; Fee and Decision Times for Registration Applications; Notice":
- [EPA-HQ-OPP-2008-0545, FRL-8375-9]; 73 FR No. 151
- Registration Service Fees - Pesticide Registration Improvement Extension Act (PRIA 3) of 2012
- Pesticide Registration (PR) Notices
- 2011-3: Standard Format for Data Submitted under FIFRA
- 87-1: Label Improvement Program for Pesticides Applied through Irrigation
- 87-6: Inert Ingredients in Pesticide Products Policy Statement
- 90-1: Inert Ingredients in Pesticide Products; Revised Policy Statement
Self Certification of Product Chemistry Data with Attachments (9 pp, 2.34MB, PDF)
Notifications, Non-notifications, and Minor Formulation Amendments
(23 pp, 93.9KB, PDF)
Guidance for Mandatory and Advisory Labeling Statements
- 2007-4: Labeling Revisions Required by the Federal Rule "Pesticide Management and Disposal: Standards for Pesticides Containers and Containment" (16 pp, 90KB, PDF)
- 2008-1: Environmental Hazard General Labeling Statements on Outdoor Residential Use Products
Other PR Notices can be found at http://www.epa.gov/PR_Notices.
- Pesticide Product Registration Application Forms
Form No. 8570-1, Application for Pesticide Registration/Amendment
(2 pp, 172KB, PDF)
Form No. 8570-4, Confidential Statement of Formula (2 pp, 178KB, PDF)
Form No. 8570-27, Formulator's Exemption Statement (2 pp, 129KB, PDF)
Form No. 8570-34, Certification with Respect to Citations
of Data (3 pp, 20KB, PDF)
Form No. 8570-35, Data Matrix (3 pp, 68KB, PDF)
Form No. 8570-36, Summary of the Physical/Chemical Properties
(2 pp, 623KB, PDF)
Form No. 8570-37, Self-Certification Statement for the Physical/Chemical
Properties (2 pp, 275KB, PDF)
Public Document Drafting Templates - Company Notice of
Filings for Pesticide Petitions (Microsoft Word files)
- Pesticide General Information (Some of
these forms are in PDF format and will require the Acrobat
Before submitting your application for registration, you may wish
to consult the additional sources of information.
- The Office of Pesticide Programs' Web site.
- The Pesticide Registration Manual is a resource for companies and individuals who want to have their pesticide products registered for sale in the United States. The manual describes EPA's review and decision making process for registering a pesticide product and its use. Detailed information for pesticide registrants (the company or individual applying to register a pesticide) concerning their responsibilities before, during and after the review process is also included in the manual.
- The National Pesticide
Information Retrieval System (NPIRS) of Purdue University's
Center for Environmental and Regulatory Information Systems. This
service does charge a fee for subscriptions and custom searches.
You can contact NPIRS by telephone at (765) 494-6614 or through
their Web site.
- The National Pesticide Information
Center (NPIC) can provide information on active ingredients,
uses, toxicology, and chemistry of pesticides. You can contact
NPTN by telephone at 1-800-858-7378 or through their Web site.
The Agency will return a notice of receipt of an application for
registration or amended registration, experimental use permit, or
amendment to a petition if the applicant or petitioner encloses
with his submission a stamped, self-addressed postcard. The postcard
must contain the following entries to be completed by OPP:
- Date of receipt
- EPA identifying number
- the Product Manager assignment
Other identifying information may be included by the applicant
to link the acknowledgment of receipt to the specific application
submitted. EPA will stamp the date of receipt and provide the EPA
identifying File Symbol or petition number for the new submission.
The identifying number should be used whenever you contact the Agency
concerning an application for registration, experimental use permit,
or tolerance petition.
To assist us in ensuring that all data you have submitted for the
chemical are properly coded and assigned to your company, please
include a list of all synonyms, common and trade names, company
experimental codes, and other names which identify the chemical
(including "blind" codes used when a sample was submitted for testing
by commercial or academic facilities). Please provide a CAS number
if one has been assigned.
All questions regarding specific registration actions should be
directed to the appropriate regulatory person in charge of the applicable
chemical. (see the Staff
Contacts). This person is responsible for managing the regulatory
review during the registration process to ensure compliance with
FIFRA and the FFDCA. Therefore, the regulatory contact is the only
person to contact for information on your submission.
In order to promote efficient use of time and resources, persons
wishing to meet with OPP staff must schedule meetings in advance.
The subject of the meeting must be identified, and the contact person
may reject a request for a meeting if the agenda does not warrant
discussion, the purpose of the meeting is vague, or there hasn't
been adequate advance notice of the meeting. If applicants/registrants
wish to meet with Agency scientists, such meetings must also be
coordinated through the regulatory contact. Therefore, the regulatory contact is the only person to contact for information on your submission. If you have general questions on pesticide registration procedures, please contact one of the following individuals:
*Copies of the materials in the registration kit may be obtained
by contacting Eleanor Thornton at email@example.com or writing to:
Registration Support Branch
Registration Division (7505C)
Re: Registration Forms
Office of Pesticide Programs
Washington, DC 20460
In addition, most states also have established rules and regulations
governing the registration, sale, and use of pesticides. Please
consult with the appropriate state
obtain further information.